Re: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC

If your wall is not attached to the main structure but is a self supporting wall, then it is not an element or component of the structure. If so, there is no amplification in response due to the dynamic properties of the main structure. Use the non-building section 1634 ; you might get lesser force.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

-------------- Original message from "Molly Skinner" : --------------