Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Value for EI in tall wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Value for EI in tall wall
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:25:30 -0700
I have a tall concrete wall that will fall in to the range of design by the magnified moment method. On page 23-2 of the Notes on 318-99 there are equations for determining EI. I can’t decide what’s what with that string of values. The following example shows e/h=1.04 therefore, the portion of the equation with the e/h becomes negative and doesn’t satisfy the condition. Because of that they use the equation with the .1 factor to determine EI, but when does the equation with the .4 factor come in. I’m confused.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Re-use revisited
- Next by Subject: RE: Value for EI in tall wall
- Previous by thread: RE: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC -- Warning: Comical Aside
- Next by thread: RE: Value for EI in tall wall