RE: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC -- Warning: Comical Aside

Harold,
Sorry about getting your name wrong.  I was using all available
cylinders dredging up my old German vocabulary.  As for the
Latin...well...at least I got your name right this time.  :)
(Humor preceded the birth of the king?  Humor has no peers?)

--Bemoaning the Nixing of Latin From The Curriculum,
Jon Brody

> Jon,
> First of all it is Harold.
> Secondly, I admit that every now and then it is fun to tug on
> someone's leg.
>
> Humor pre re na'ta.  (Hint it is Latin)
>
> All seriousness aside,
> Harold Sprague
>

> >From: Jon Brody <jon(--nospam--at)jonbrody.com>
> >To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> >Subject: RE: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC -- Warning:
Comical
> >Aside Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:37:02 -0700
> >
> >Howard,
> >Was that covered in "Zum Trag- und
> >Verschiebungsverhalten von Kopfbolzen bei zentrischem Zug"?
Or
> >do we need to order something like "Zu den Verhaeltnissen unter
> >Statikerberechnungstexten der vereinigten Staaten"?
> >:)
> >Jon Brody, SE
> >San Francisco
> >

> > > Molly,
> > > As you know the IBC, and BSSC have marched on while the
> >UBC/CBC has
> > > been caught in a time warp.  The UBC/CBC is still roughly
based
> >on the
> > > 1997 NEHRP.  I believe that you can still look to the more up
> >date
> > > NEHRP's for guidance.  The same 2 equations have been in
the
> >UBC and
> > > NEHRP for many cycles.  They just tweak them a bit.  Hx in
the
> >UBC is
> > > the same as z in NEHRP.  Hr is essentially the same as h in
> >NEHRP.  (I
> > > feel like I am doing a translation from German to English.)
> > >
> > > The 2000 NEHRP made it a bit more clear where they defined
> >(hx for
> > > those who speak UBC) as "Height in structure of point of
> >attachment of
> > > component.  For items at or below the base, z shall be taken
as 0.
> > > The value of z/h need not exceed 1.0."  h is defined as hr in
the
> >UBC
> > > world.
> > >
> > > Now bring on the Rosetta Stone;>)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Harold Sprague

Fp

_

___________
> Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ?Dig Yourself Out of Debt?
from
> MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx

> *
> *