Re: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC

Steve:

I would not sign off on that LA city wall.  I have a problem out here in La Quinta where they built the city spec wall and they want to change height up to 8' . I told them the city spec wall was underdisiged and they had two choices for a fix.
1. Remove and rebuilt 8" cmu wall
2. Install a new 6" wall directly behind the existing wall attached with hairpins ties to verts of each wall and enlarged footing doweled together.  I probably wont here back from the client, but I can sleep soundly in the evenings.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA