Coastal Loading of a Boat Dock

I am working on a residential project in Florida.  The client wants a boat dock designed and built.

I am aware and have the Coastal Construction Manual published by FEMA, so I am aware of the
wind, wave and debris forces.  Our concern is the size of boat that will be docked, and what loads would
be applied to the dock from the “bumping” of the boat into the dock.

Does anyone have any ideas for references on this issue?

Thanks,

Brian M. Spencer, S.E.

TGRWA, LLC

407 S. Dearborn, Suite 900