Re: Detail Review

Bill,

IMO, joist rotation and gypboard crushing may be a problem.  At a certain point, rotation may distort the floor above.
You may want to talk to SST people - they are pretty good about answers to non-standard situations.
Besides, if you are going to fire-protect the joists anyway, won't it be better to throw 2x ledgers on both sides?

SG

>>> T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net 08/05/04 02:28PM >>>
Dear Colleagues;

My client has asked me to review a proposed detail. I have my opinions, but,
being one with an open mind, I would like to get opinions from others.

The detail is here:
http://www.AllenDesigns.com/projects/20401/20401_sk03.jpg