Re: Hobe Sound building collapse

Well, the first couple of pictures show that the right
support base kicked out quite a bit.  Could be that
the base on the right kicked out and deck cascaded
down from there.  If there were diagonals from the
horizontal deck to the right vertical edge support,
the new load could be unbalanced for the exterior edge
and kick the side out.

Just my thoughts.

Paul Blomberg
Phoenix, AZ

--- Chris Banbury <cbanbury(--nospam--at)nicholson-engineering.com>

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1550101728