From: Joe Grill
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 4:05 PM
Subject: RE: Detail Review

I just did a quick calc. and if you have a 15? span joist limited to l/480 deflection the horizontal dimension translated at the support (for a 11 7/8? joist) is 5/100ths inch +/-.  Doesn?t seem like that is a big problem.  Mikes comment about cross grain tension is worthy of consideration, although it is a PSL.  Would be a good question for Trus-Joist.

Joe Grill