Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC
- From: "Raymond Shreenan" <rshreenan(--nospam--at)adelphia.net>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:16:30 -0700
There were two kinds of wall CMU failure due to Northridge E. Q.. Walls failed because of lack of reinforcing or they had near sufficient reinforcing but a 12" wide or less footing and they simply rolled over with footing and wall intact.
I have also found that many of the standard wall details available at local municipalities are inadequate and even when they are adequate for the prescribed conditions, they are often used where the final grading and or wall heights exceed the standard conditions of the detail.
Ray Shreenan SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC
- Next by Subject: RE: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC -- Warning: Comical Aside
- Previous by thread: Re: FW: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC
- Next by thread: RE: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC