RE: Detail Review

"Also, I believe they're cheaper than PSL's.  You DEFINITELY want to call TrusJoist (1-800-628-3997); they've always been helpful when I've had questions in the past."

You would have to ask your local rep about cost.  There were a number of jobs I worked on a few years ago where the local rep said that PSLs were actually cheaper that LSL for the jobs because a PSL plant happened to be a lot closer to the job site and the differential wasn't so large that transportation, demand, and scheduling couldn't tip the balance.

As far as investigating LSLs, I did that a few years ago for a "cross-grain" application.  Unfortunately, 5 year later I only remember that it ended in some sort of postive outcome and that the manuals and reps are helpful.  I definitely would explore an LSL.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE