Re: Structural steel--isolated joints

> Does anyone
>have any leads that would help me fine tune this design?
A 32 ton crane is a big machine, with big inertia loads. The kind of
shock mounts you're talking about work OK on small equipment, but not for
something that weighs 32 tons. They work by softening the system, which
is not what you need. You should be using the AISC fatigue design
provisions for service loading.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw