Load Capability of Existing Timber Piles

Dear Fellow Engineers
Can someone direct me to a technique to measure the
load capability of piles presently supporting an
existing house. The client wants to add a 2nd floor to
his house. There is no pile length info. Without a
measurement or calc technique to calculate load
capability he will have to drive new piles thru the
first floor.

TIA, Irv