RE: Expansion Anchor Pull Tests

and I'm sure if you'd asked the contractor why he'd looked at you like
you're asking a stupid question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Getaz [mailto:jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 1:07 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Expansion Anchor Pull Tests

	Craig,
		I've relied on Hilti Kwik-Bolts and Kwik Bolt IIs for years,
but do not expect inspection on the brand.
		Years ago, I had to design a repair on a federal government
project in an rural setting (a prominent senator got it placed within view
of an Interstate). I called for Kwik Bolts by name. On a site visit later,
someone on the out-of-state crew mentioned the shop where they purchased the
bolts. I stopped by the shop because I did not expect Hilti to be sold in a
small store in this location. They pulled the expansion bolts from an open
bin with no brand label. I'll bet the Hilti rep never came near the project.
	James L. Getaz, III, P.E.
	Winchester, Virginia
	V: 540-665-3204
	F: 540-665-3250