From: Strand, Renee [mailto:Renee.Strand(--nospam--at)weyerhaeuser.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 8:41 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Detail Review

I have not followed this thread from the beginning so I can not comment on
the specific detail.  However, I would like to comment on Parallam PSL
manufactured by Trus Joist.  Parallam PSL is manufactured from strands of
lumber that are oriented parallel to the length of the member.  Code
evaluation report number ER-4979, Table 4, lists allowable design stresses
for  Parallam.  This table shows stresses for when the applied load is
parallel to the wide face of strands (strong axis) and for when the applied
load is perpendicular to the wide face of strand (weak axis).  If you have
further questions regarding this information or a specific detail you can
call me or call 1-800-628-3997 to locate your local Trus Joist technical
support office.

Sincerely,
Renee Strand
W. Div. Eng., Trus Joist
1-800-644-4856

14                               Message:0014                           14