Re: Old Seismic Values

>The
>current codes use a 2% probability of exceedence (98% confidence) in 50 yrs.
Just for my own curiosity, when does the 50 year period begin? I'd feel a
lot better if I could be sure it started last week rather than in, say
1953. I'd be grateful if someone could shed some light on this as I'll be
visiting San Francisco in October, and I'd rather be there at the
beginning of one of those 50 year periods instead of the end.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw