RE: Old Seismic Values

> I don't know why you are even trying to use the old data.

Because the client said, in effect, "Thou shalt use this document in your
design".  The document specifically states the acceleration and velocity
values I gave earlier.  I *know* that the values are wrong; my problem is
that I have to explain to the client why they're wrong, how much they're
wrong, what are the right values, and why they are the right values.

In order to do this efficiently, I need to completely understand exactly
what the old values are, and how they relate to the new values.

Again, I realize that these are very low numbers, but the difference in the
report value (5%, 475 yr. return) and new values (2.1%, 475 yr. return)
could mean the difference between adding bracing to all mechanical units or
strengthening existing 20' tall URM shear walls (in plane and out-of-plane).

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri