Re: Old Seismic Values

Jason, Harold,

        This sounds more like a political problem then a technical problem to
me.  I don't know very much about the different technologies involved here; but
I do know that political problems often respond better to political solutions
than to technical solutions.

        Might you not save a lot of time and effort by getting a letter from the
Building Authority Having Jurisdiction stating what will and what will not be
accepted for the project?  Most businessmen won't get their backs up and fight
this kind of directive.

        Another possible solution is to provide two sets of calculations which
show that both codes are met.

Respectfully submitted,

H. Daryl Richardson