Peak ground acceleration, Spectral acceleration,

Dear fellows :

You have to check the fundamentals going back to books like Earthquake
Engineering-Prentice Hall, edited by R.L. Wiegel, Design of Multistory
Reinforced Concrete Buildings for Earthquake Motions-Portland Cement Ass. by
J.A. Blume, N.M. Newmark and L.H. Corning, Fundamentals of Earthquake
Engineering-Prentice Hall by N.M. Newmark and E. Rosenblueth.

The last 15-20 years code writers and academics (sorry) have made a big effort
trying to put the codes as hard to understand as possible. When I started in
struct. engineering, you had to put lateral loads equivalent to one tenth the
weight of the structure.

W. Bassett A.
 intelNet WebMail