Re: Wood door jamb connection at base

> "I could have them modify the girts and install a full height steel
> channel jamb and more confidence inspiring connections but this would be
> difficult at this point."  . . . .

Paul,

        I don't see this as being much more difficult than trying to splice
wood door jambs and secure them to the top girt and bottom door sill (or
whatever they must be connected to) for use as a structural element.  I
would recommend this solution as being by far the best and not attempt to
extend the wood jamb for use as a structural element.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson