FOUNDATIONS: "Geotechnical Report Required?"

Bill Polhemus wrote:
"So now we come back to "Barney Fife Engineering is willing to do this,
why
do you have a problem with it? Guess we gotta go with ol' Barn again."
Because that's exactly what's happening, with such wide discretion
allowed
the owner and the Engineer still on the hook where liability is
concerned.

It's enough to make you swear."

Yeah, and write your Congressman requesting more government interference
in the form of building codes and code officials who actually have
technical knowledge, not just carpenter experience and a bad back.

This to me is one of the classic areas of appropriate government
involvement.

OK, enough rubbing it in.  You've gotten good advice from Dave Adams and
Stan Caldwell, and as far as I can tell from Bill Allen, although his
signed letter may or may not stand up in court or before the Board.  I
know it's easy for me to say from a thousand miles away, safely employed
by someone who feeds me work if I can't find it; but you may need to
walk away from this one if they won't play your way.

Not much help, I know.

Mike Hemstad
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota