Re: "Lateral Torsional Support from Gypsum Board"

Steve,
Thanks for the clarification.  I understand your logic now (ok, I also
actually read the calculations this time).  It's interesting that the NDS
allows either edge to be held in line for stability, regardless of
direction of principle load.
Jon Brody

> Jon,
>
> (DL+Lr+W) combination was not considered in myexample.
>
> Ijust took the load the rafter was supposed to sustain (DL+LL,
> downward, 1.25 factor, NO WIND), and then calculated an
equivalent (WL