From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Bar Joists parallel to masonry walls
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:46:12 -0700

Harold,

What considerations should be taken if the WT's are located at the same
coursing as horizontal wall reinforcing? It seems that if 2 horizontal bars
are used that one bar would be interrupted at the locations of the WT's.  I
guess only a single horizontal bar could be used or an additional line of
horizontal reinforcing could be located above or below the WT.

Joe Grill