RE: Bar Joists parallel to masonry walls

I have used a variation of Harold's WT in the past: The web of the WT is
placed horizontally in the bed joint with the welded studs projecting
downward into a horizontal bond beam. (Actually, I have used welded plates,
but a WT could be used as well.) The deck support angle is welded to the
flanges of the spaced WT's at the face of CMU wall. (The WT's are typically
spaced at 48" oc.)

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO