Re: Bar Joists parallel to masonry walls

Rand,

Thanks, I got it now.  The two studs are in a vertical pattern welded parallel to the WT stem and inserted perpendicular to the wall.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Rand Holtham, P.E." <rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com>

08/17/2004 12:42 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Re: Bar Joists parallel to masonry walls

Thomas,

Harold's detail has the studs projecting from the stem of the tee, well
actually the studs are welded to the side of the stem with the flare weld,
but the stud is parallel to the stem. The stem apparently sticks into the
head joint 3" then the stud extends toward the inside of the face shell on
the opp side.

Hope that claifies,

Rand