RE: Nonshrink Grout Thickness

Five Star Products has a manual on grouting that recommends "a minimum of
two inches clearance for plates less than three feet wide" for foundation
plates. They say that grout can be extended beyond 3-inches in depth using
pea gravel and with the grout manufacturer's approval.

(As far as minimums go, I usually use 1-1/2" for typical column base plates
and sometimes 1" for small plates. Less than 1" makes it harder to place and
consolidate.)

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO