Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Earthquake Loads UBC 97-IBC2000-2003[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Earthquake Loads UBC 97-IBC2000-2003
- From: prmeng(--nospam--at)att.net
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:36:29 +0000
UBC 97 Section 1630.1.1 has Eq. (30-1) where the term Eh is included as part of E and is defined as V or Fp, When I go to look at IBC 2000 and 2003 noticed that Section 1617.1.1 now includes a term called Qe that is defined as "The effect of horizontal seismic forces" but nothing else is provided that refers to the V or Fp, It would be good that IBC elaborates more on the definition of Qe and provides some language in the definition that points the reader to the V and Fp expressions for the horizontal seismic forces.
Any Comments from anyone on this ?
pedro r. muñoz, Ph.D., P.E.
PRM Engineering, LLC
- Prev by Subject: RE: Eagle Engineer
- Next by Subject: RE: Earthquake Loads UBC 97-IBC2000-2003
- Previous by thread: RE: Stainless Steel
- Next by thread: RE: Earthquake Loads UBC 97-IBC2000-2003