From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 11:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Which ASCE 7 to Use?

I live in a town that has adopted the 2000 IBC and IRC.  The county has adopted the 2003 IBC and IRC.  I can’t find a reference in the IBC codes that reference a particular ASCE publication.  What I see in the Wind design chapter is just a reference to ASCE 7, but doesn’t say if ASCE 7-98 or 7-02 should be used.  Can you help me out?  Should ASCE 7-98 be used with the IBC 2000 and ASCE 7-02 be used with the 2003 IBC or can the 7-02 be used with both?

Thanks,

Joe Grill