Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:37:16 -0700
My understanding is that IBC codes reference the most current publications that were available at the time the code was released. Therefore, I think you are correct about the 2000 IBC using 7-98, and the 2003 IBC using 7-02.
I live in a town that has adopted the 2000 IBC and IRC. The county has adopted the 2003 IBC and IRC. I can’t find a reference in the IBC codes that reference a particular ASCE publication. What I see in the Wind design chapter is just a reference to ASCE 7, but doesn’t say if ASCE 7-98 or 7-02 should be used. Can you help me out? Should ASCE 7-98 be used with the IBC 2000 and ASCE 7-02 be used with the 2003 IBC or can the 7-02 be used with both?
- Prev by Subject: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Next by Subject: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Previous by thread: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Next by thread: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?