Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:19:38 -0500
>I can’t find a reference in the IBC codes that reference
>a particular ASCE publication. What I see in the Wind
>design chapter is just a reference to ASCE 7, but doesn’t
>say if ASCE 7-98 or 7-02 should be used. Can you help me out?
The IBC designates the year of each referenced document in Chapter 35. There, you’ll find that they used the 1998 version of ASCE 7 in preparing the 2000 IBC and the 2002 version of ASCE 7 in preparing the 2003 IBC.
>Should ASCE 7-98 be used with the IBC 2000 and ASCE
>7-02 be used with the 2003 IBC or can the 7-02 be used
Most jurisdictions will permit the use of a more current version of a standard, but I’d ask the building official to be sure.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Next by Subject: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Previous by thread: RE: Which ASCE 7 to Use?
- Next by thread: Eyebolts & Eyenuts