	From: prmeng(--nospam--at)att.net [mailto:prmeng(--nospam--at)att.net]
	Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 11:36 AM
	To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject: Earthquake Loads UBC 97-IBC2000-2003

	UBC 97 Section 1630.1.1 has Eq. (30-1) where the term Eh is included
as part of E and is defined  as V or Fp, When I go to look at IBC 2000 and
2003 noticed that Section 1617.1.1 now includes a term called Qe that is
defined as "The effect of horizontal seismic forces" but nothing else is
provided that refers to the V or Fp, It would be good that IBC elaborates
more on the definition of Qe and provides some language in the definition
that points the reader to the V and Fp expressions for the horizontal
seismic forces.

	Any Comments from anyone on this ?

	pedro r. muñoz, Ph.D., P.E.
	PRM Engineering, LLC