RE: Eyebolts & Eyenuts

Try IEEE C135.4 and ASME B18.15

-----Original Message-----
From: M. David Finley, P.E. [mailto:pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Eyebolts & Eyenuts

Harold,

Doesn't A563 cover just hex and hex flange nuts?  My concern is the eye nut.

The eyebolt extends through the timber pole.  Cables supporting traffic
signals connect to the eye of the eyebolt on one side of the pole.  On the
opposite side of the pole, the guy wires connect to the eyenut that is
connected to the eyebolt.

If I did not need the eyenut in order to connect the guy wires, then the
A563 hex nut would work.

David