Re: Rolling A36 Steel

Jim,

Thanks for clarifying this issue.  I wasn't clear in my first post and
now I guess that is why Charlie asked me what shapes.

Yes, I realize angles and channels are still A36.  I am concerned about
the wide flange sections.  For several years I have designed and spec out
A992 for wide flanges because it was my understanding the A36 wide
flanges were not being rolled anymore.  I was just told the wide flange
sections on my job are A36 and I designed them for Fy=50 ksi so now I am
scrambling to verify the steel grade since they plan on pouring the
concrete deck  tomorrow.   My notes clearly stated wide flange sections
to be A992.

Thanks.

Rich