Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
O.T.: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: O.T.: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:21:35 -0500
I’m about to start using a part-time engineer intern on a continuing basis. I would like to have him grab files from my server here at home to work on, then restore them again when he’s finished.
I can do this by regular FTP, or when I can spare a moment I’m going to try to set up VPN to my server (thanks to my using Linux, this is cost-free, taking only the time to set it up, unlike MS-Windows which would require purchase of expensive server software).
Anyway, since at this point I only have cable modem, which is only moderately fast when downloading from my network, it wouldn’t be prudent at this time to have him work remotely directly from files on the server; he’d need to download then upload when finished.
Any info would be appreciated.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas USA
- Prev by Subject: RE: notching a steel beam
- Next by Subject: RE: O.T.: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"
- Previous by thread: RE: Overturning under seismic load
- Next by thread: Re: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"