Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Roof Load Duration "CD" & Members Below[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Roof Load Duration "CD" & Members Below
- From: AWC Info <AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:34:27 -0400
Yes. NDS® Section 126.96.36.199 states that, "The load duration factor for the shortest duration load in a combination of loads shall apply for that load combination." NDS Appendix B provides some additional discussion as does the NDS Commentary Chapter 2 at http://www.awc.org/Standards/ndscommentary.html.
Hope this information helps.
John "Buddy" Showalter,
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.
The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.
From: Joseph Harouni <jharouni(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Roof Load Duration "CD" & Members Below
I would like to know if one can use the 1.25 Roof Load Duration "CD"
stress increase for members at stories below roof level, where these
members besides carrying the roof load are also carrying live load of
floors below (Sec. 188.8.131.52 T 2.3.2, 2001 CBC, 1997 UBC, 2002 L.A.B.C.)
- Prev by Subject: RE: Rolling A36 Steel
- Next by Subject: SAE J429 dimensions
- Previous by thread: RE: O.T.: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"
- Next by thread: RE: Overturning under sesimic load