From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 12:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Uplift Anchorage at Perforated Shear Wall

I am looking a shear wall using the perforated shear wall provisions in the 2003 IBC.  There are uplift force calculations (2305.3.7.2.4) and in-plane shear calculations (2305.3.7.2.5) and uplift anchorage between wall ends (2305.3.7.2.6).  Are the anchor bolts required to be designed for in-plane shear acting at the same time with the uplift anchorage between wall ends?

Thanks,

Joe Grill