RE: Uplift Anchorage at Perforated Shear Wall

I guess that wasn?t very clear on my part?

Yes, I do design the intermediate anchors for in-plane and out-of-plane
shear in addition to uplift.

I DON'T usually design the chord anchors for shear because:
-  the uplift tension load is very high (all the uplift in the wall) in
relation to the shear (a very small fraction of the total shear in the
wall).
- the hold-down is usually several inches above the plate so the rod can
deflect without taking much shear load.
- the hole is often right at the end of the bottom plate, so the limiting
shear would be the very low capacity of the plate.

Disclaimer:  This applies to a fairly long wall with lots of intermediate
anchors.  If it's a relatively short wall, or if there are only a few
relatively short intermediate wall segments, then yes, the end anchors will
need to help with the shear.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC