From: Cliff
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: 8/27/2004 4:06 PM
Subject: RE: ACI 530-02/ASCE 5-02/TMS 402-02 Experts

Harold,

Thanks for you input on this issue. I'd also like to
second what Eli is saying. I have no problem with
referencing ASCE7 for the seismic provisions, but my
problem is that now (with IBC 2003) I need BOTH
publications to do a complete seismic design. With IBC
2000 I just needed my copy of IBC 2000 (as well as my
IBC Commentary to decipher the Code).

It's a bit frustrating when I'm directed to use ASCE 7
for all seismic design - except for this, that, this,
this (except on alternating Tuesdays when there is a
moon that is more than half full - except if the date
of that Tuesday is an odd number) and this....