RE: O.T.: "VPN and Document 'Check Out'"

So was I correct in that CVS ought to make it possible to "check out"
documents, not just commitments of code? I haven't delved into it that much,
so I'm relatively ignorant.

I don't have to worry about all the Windows backend blahblahblah since I'm
running a Linux server. Only the Windows clients are needed.

Thanks for the info.