Re: Anchor Bolts in Flexure

The leveling nuts reduce the moment length. <

So if you add one or two more nuts then you can eliminate the moment arm? Doesn't sound right. Adding nuts may add to the section resisting the moment and shear but I cannot see how levelling nuts could reduce the moment arm.

Reza Dashti P.Eng
Vancouver, BC

> look at the bases of these one or two column canopies
> (inverted pendula) which stand about 2" off the concrete pad and appear to
> have never been grouted.

The bolt sizes and quantities were not likley controlled by tension +
shear bending resistance limits. The leveling nuts reduce the moment
length.

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.