Sealing & Signing on Mylar - Problems with ink

Hello,

I've recently been working on some projects for the Navy.  The
final set of plans is to be on mylar and I'm not familar with sealing
or signing on mylar.  (I used it in school and one summer when
working for a Landscape Architect, but not as an engineer.)  I am
having some difficulty finding the proper ink to use both for the
seal and for the pen that I use for signing.

I've been doing some tests on strips of mylar, and when I run the
mylar under water, even a day after the sealing and signing, the
pen ink washes off under the pressure from the sink faucet.  The
seal ink runs together and can be smeared if wiped with a paper
towel.

What have any of you used in the past?  I'm looking into the
Koh-I-Noor pens that I've used for drafting, but haven't found any
with colors other than black.  I'd prefer to sign in blue or green to
help, a little, in detecting photocopies of the seal/signature.

Your help and experience is greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.