RE: Sealing & Signing on Mylar - Problems with ink

Are you testing the right side?  The Mylar in our office has a "rough" side
and a "smooth" side.  You print on the "rough" side.  If it's in a roll, the
"rough" side is the convex side (exterior).

You post worried me a little because I'm supposed to submit a Mylar project
next week, and I thought I was going to have to search out a special pen and
ink pad.

So, I cut a strip and did a test myself.  Testing on the "rough" side, my
stamp, "signing" pen (Cross Select-Tip Medium Felt-tip Blue), a ball point,
a gel, and two rolling-ball pens all dried within seconds.  No smearing even
with fairly hard rubbing with a dry paper towel.  All but the rolling balls
did well rubbing under water; both rolling balls lost a lot of ink, but they
were still legible.

The test on the "smooth" side is still smearing after 30 minutes, although
the gel ink appears to be finally drying.

Good luck,

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC