Re: Sealing & Signing on Mylar - Problems with ink

Lloyd,

        Drawings on Mylar can be signed with a Staedler Permanent
Lumocolor pen, which is available in a variety of widths.

        There are two possibilities for the stamp: have it scanned into
the drawing using the computerized Cadd program; or have it Xeroxed onto
a stick-on or directly onto the Mylar if you have access to a photocopier
that can handle this task.  In either case do not sign the scanned or
photocopied stamp image!  Sign the completed drawing with the Staedler in
such a way that the stamp with signature and date can not be (easily)
transferred to some other drawing.  I don't expect this (forgery) will be
a problem with The Navy but there are clients that you wouldn't want to
trust too far.  Of course you ALWAYS keep copies of everything you have
signed at least until the statute of limitations expires.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson