Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]


[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

In my experience, in the south the term dunnage was most often used to describe loose timber posts that precast products, steel members and other similar materials were temporary stored on top of.  In the northeast dunnage is used to describe even the most elaborate steel frames constructed on the top of a roof to support mechanical equipment.  What has everybody else's experience been with the term dunnage?  I see that the Dictionary of Architecture and Construction (McGraw Hill) defines dunnage as it is commonly used in the northeast.