RE: Seismic loads calculation as per IBC for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

I asked the ICC a similar question a few years back (for a different
country), and was basically told that the seismic mapping was only done for
the U.S.  I guess the ?International? part of the name is rather misleading.

That being said, the only thing keeping you from using the seismic provision
in the IBC is obtaining local Ss and S1 values.

According to the US Military document TI 809-04, "Seismic Design for
Buildings" (available as a free download on the web), the values for
designing military buildings in Saudi Arabia are:

Al Batin:       Ss = 0.31   S1 = 0.14
Dhahran:        Ss = 0.31   S1 = 0.14
Jiddah:         Ss = 0.62   S1 = 0.28
Khamis Mushayf: Ss = 0.31   S1 = 0.14
Riyadh:         Ss = 0.06   S1 = 0.06

This document was published in 1998, so the values are slightly dated.
Also, more precise information might exist for your area, but I don't know
where to find it.  You might try your local government.

-----
Jason W. Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri