From: Jen Wadsworth [mailto:JWadsworth(--nospam--at)TricoEngineering.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:10 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: concrete pipe barrel strength

I've been asked to analyze two stormwater pipes under an existing building.

The one in question runs 5' below an exterior column of the building.  I've

calculated the force exerted on the pipe at this depth but I need to

determine if the concrete pipe is strong enough to handle the load from

above.  Does anyone know of a reference for calculating this information?

I've searched the internet and I also have a concrete pipe handbook from the

American Concrete Pipe Association that I've been searching through, but

haven't come across anything helpful yet. I thought there would be a table

with this information but haven't found one yet. I don't know the

manufacturer of the pipe but I might call some randoms to see if they have

this info- just thought I'd check here first.

Any pertinent info much appreciated

tia

Jen Wadsworth, EIT

Structural Design Engineer

Trico Engineering Consultants, Inc.

Ph: 843-740-7700 Fax: 843-740-7707

http://www.tricoengineering.com/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This electronic message transmission contains information from Ameron International and is confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (626-683-4000) immediately.