From: Jen Wadsworth [mailto:JWadsworth(--nospam--at)TricoEngineering.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 11:47 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: concrete pipe barrel strength

Yeah the top of the pipe is at 5'-3" below the bottom of the footing. It's a
42" rcp and I know that it can handle the loads- I just need some calcs to
back it up. I'm not sure how the arching action would compare to the barrel
strength- wouldn't barrel strength take the arch into account? I'm reviewing
the Concrete Pipe Design Manual that Brian referred me to and it seems like
it might have some good information. (thanks Brian!)

Jen