1976 Uniform Building Code - liability, insurance, etc.

Stan,

Since you're asking for a 1976 code, I'm guessing that
the suit is about a fairly old project.  I'm curious
to know whether the engineer being sued is retired,
was personally named, whether he is covered by
insurance for this, applicability of statute of
repose/limitations, and similar liability/insurance
issues...

Thanks,

d a v e  e v a n s