Welding Rebar [Fwd: Rebar splices in tension zones]

Bob,

        Back in February, 2002, one of our fellow engineers sent me the
following information on mechanical connectors.  Some of the connectors
might be a lot better than trying to weld rebar.

        Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson
--- Begin Message ---
D. B. Amin,

	Thank you for the link to the couplings.  The first few I checked out
looked very interesting.

				Best regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson

D B AMIN wrote:

> A search on Google gave many links for rebar splicing.
> Paste the link given below in your browser address bar & check it out.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?site=swr&hl=en&q=reinforcement+splicing+&as_q=coupler&btnG=Search%A0within%A0results
>
> Regards
>
> Deepak Amin
> E&C Divn, L&T, Mumbai, India
>
> From: Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
> Subject: Re: Rebar splices in tension zones
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>
> Nicholas,
>
>         I'm interested in these couplers.  Other than Dywidag system couplers
> (which utilize the thread like pattern of the Dywidag reinforcing
> deformations) I've never seen these used.  Some references on the net
> would be appreciated.
>
>         Thanks in advance.
>
>                                 Regards,
>
>                                 H. Daryl Richardson