Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
PRESS RELEASE: "Simpson Strong-Tie Engineer To Be Featured on CNN" (RE: Florida Hurricanes)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: PRESS RELEASE: "Simpson Strong-Tie Engineer To Be Featured on CNN" (RE: Florida Hurricanes)
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:24:41 -0500
Simpson Engineer Featured on CNN
Randy Shackelford, [Simpson Strong-Tie] branch engineer for Branch 23, will be featured on a CNN news program focusing on issues related to Hurricane Charley. Randy will appear on the weekly program "Next@CNN" this weekend. The show focuses on the science behind the week's big stories, and in this episode they will focus on how houses can be built stronger to better stand up to the effects of Mother Nature. The show is scheduled to run this weekend -- Sept. 4th & 5th -- Saturday at 3 p.m. ET or Sunday at 5 p.m. ET. (Please note that programming is subject to change. Hurricane Frances will most likely hit the Florida Coast this weekend, and this may impact what gets covered on the show.)
Both Randy and Jeremy Gilstrap (also a Branch 23 engineer) are part of teams that have been evaluating the damage caused by the hurricane, and they have been quoted in several articles regarding Hurricane Charley. We will be doing a story on Simpson's involvement and response to the hurricanes and will feature it in the upcoming issue of the Structural Report. [Simpson] will also be pitching the story to several trade magazines
- Prev by Subject: RE: Prefab "Drag Truss"?
- Next by Subject: PT bm to Shearwall
- Previous by thread: Welding Rebar [Fwd: Rebar splices in tension zones]
- Next by thread: 1929 Vintage Steel Reinforcing Bars