Re: Imminent and dangerous guide

David:

How would you respond to the issue if this were your project ??  We have a client with a reinforced 8" thk CMU building.  The building has #5's at 32" both ways in the walls. The building has no anchorage to the roof. The roof sheathing is 2x6 T&G boards layed up diagonally. Wood plates at top of wall are 3x or 2x with 1/2" dia. bolts a 48" oc. We all know that various magnitude earthquakes are going to happen in California.  Will it possibly damaged this building ?? Will it be dangerous and Imminent if over a 6+ magnitude and within a given distance ??

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA