Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Imminent and dangerous guide[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Imminent and dangerous guide
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:58:48 EDT
How would you respond to the issue if this were your project ?? We have a client with a reinforced 8" thk CMU building. The building has #5's at 32" both ways in the walls. The building has no anchorage to the roof. The roof sheathing is 2x6 T&G boards layed up diagonally. Wood plates at top of wall are 3x or 2x with 1/2" dia. bolts a 48" oc. We all know that various magnitude earthquakes are going to happen in California. Will it possibly damaged this building ?? Will it be dangerous and Imminent if over a 6+ magnitude and within a given distance ??
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Imminent and dangerous guide
- Next by Subject: Importance Factors
- Previous by thread: Imminent and dangerous guide
- Next by thread: QUESTION REGARDING LRFD