RE: Weak axis bending of cold-formed steel members

Jim,

Thanks for the program reference, I haven’t yet had a chance to do anything with it, but it looks like it should be helpful.  That site has some pretty good links as well.  The compression portions are stiffened and I am using the effective section properties, so I believe I am taking into account the local buckling strengths.  I just wanted to be sure I was taking into account the LTB issues.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob Riley, P.E.

Mesiti-Miller Engineering, Inc.